Opioid Detoxification and Opioid Treatment Maintenance Therapy are medically managed by the Medical Director. Opioid dependency is treated with the use of Methadone or Suboxone (if appropriate). Dosage, length of service and frequency of visits are determined by each individual’s clinical needs and severity of illness.
Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT) is used to help normalize the body’s neurological and hormonal functions that have been impaired by the use of heroin or misuse of other opioids such as prescription painkillers.
MMT has many benefits. Among them are:
- It reduces or eliminates craving for opioid drugs.
- Prevents the onset of withdrawal for 24 hours or more.
- Blocks the effects of other opioids.
- Promotes increased physical and emotional health.
- Raises the overall quality of life for the patient and their loved ones.
- It is safe to use while pregnant.